Celebrating with a scary twist – Student Blogging Challenge Week 4

Hi Everyone,

As you know Halloween is coming around and I  think everyone is very excited! Shops are filling with costumes and houses are getting decorated, there is no doubt that the spooky vibe is in the air! This week the theme in the challenge is Halloween but we have to think of ways to add it to our blog.

Activity one – Decorate your blog!

We have been assigned to make our blog spooky and Halloween themed. As you can see I have added the monster theme on my blog. This theme is so cool and has a lot to do with Halloween.

Activity  Two – Write a spooky poem or story

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This story is completely made up and has nothing to do  with any story you may know. This story was told to me by my friend Sophie who is also doing the student blogging challenge. The story is quite gruesome and is recommended 11 years and up.

Five Fingers 

A very long time ago, there was a happy family. They were very lucky and always out of harms way. One day, this family went to the circus and had a wonderful time. At the gift store, the child was so excited to find a clown with five fingers up as he just had turned five yesterday. The family happily bought the toy, but as they bought the toy, the strange shopkeeper warned them that the clown could do strange things and that they have been warned.

The family thought nothing of the warning and took the doll home. While mother happily smiled at the giddy child playing with the clown  something quite peculiar happened. The doll had a twinkle in its eyes and a strange smile to scare anyone who saw it. The mother shrugged it off and quickly went up stairs to collect something, but then a blood curling scream came from the child and the mother quickly ran downstairs to find the child being strangled by the clown! As the mother tried to pull the clown away from the child she saw her dying son laying on the floor! The strangest thing of all though, was when the clown was pulled away from the child he was holding 6 fingers up instead of five!

Can you figure out why the clown was now holding six fingers instead of five?

Comment below your answer and next week I will add the correct answers below!

Till next time…

Caitlin 🙂

10 Comments on Celebrating with a scary twist – Student Blogging Challenge Week 4

1. isabelh21
    October 27, 2015 at 4:47 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Catlin,
    I’m not quite sure but I think that the clown might of killed 5 people already and now that the child had been killed it is 6. I don’t think that it is right but that’s my guess.
    Love your blog!
    Keep it up!
    Isabel
    🙂

Reply
  2. Georgie
    October 28, 2015 at 3:43 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Caitlin,
    I know that story from my old school! Like Isabel said it is because the clown had killed 6 people. I find that story interesting because it always seems to relate to people because a lot of people have the fear of clowns…
    Good Job
    -Georgie

Reply
  3. Alina the Awesome
    October 30, 2015 at 8:50 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Catie!
    For the question you asked, the clown has killed 5 people and now it killed 6 people so it haas 6 fingers. I know that because a friend of mine ( which include you) always says the same story. 🙂
    Anyway, this blog is quite spooky and is very good for halloween!
    Happy Halloween!
    Great job
    -Alina

Reply
  4. CLAIRE
    October 31, 2015 at 3:00 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Catie,

This was a really good Student Blogging Challenge Post. Your story was quite scary and like Georgie I have heard it from my old school. I agree with everyone that the clown had killed 5 people therefore held up 5 fingers and when it killed the little boy it held up 6 fingers. Keep up the great work!

Claire

Reply
  5. Elspeth
    November 1, 2015 at 2:19 pm (7 years ago)

AAAAHHHHHHH! I was breathless when I read your story. I think that it is because now he has killed 6 people. Now I am scared of clowns! Congratulations on being awarded a short list best blogger award! Great post,
    -Elspeth

Reply
  6. CLAIRE
    November 1, 2015 at 2:49 pm (7 years ago)

And congratulations on being elected for the Best Year 6 Student Blogger.

Claire
    bloggingwithclaire.edublogs.org

Reply
  7. zaran21
    November 3, 2015 at 4:07 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Catlin
    congrats on being nominated for best blogger.
    I really liked your post and I think that you did a great job on your story it gave me goose bumps.
    Zara

Reply
  8. Miss W.
    November 4, 2015 at 3:29 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Catie,
    I had never heard that story before. Without reading the answers from your friends, I would have had no idea why there were now 6 fingers up.

Reply
  9. poppyd21
    November 4, 2015 at 4:19 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Caitlin,
    Congratulations on getting into the short list. You have worked so hard and it is great to be seeing you using more tools and themes. You have worked hard and you do deserve to be in the short list.
    Keep Blogging,
    Poppy

Reply
  10. anjalim21
    November 4, 2015 at 6:19 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Caitlin,
    Your blog is very interesting to read. Your present layout is conveniently accessible. I really liked that story at the end of your post. It was very gripping and yet still terrifying! Congratulations on your place in the shortlist… you have achieved a lot through your blog.

-Anjali
    http://bloggingwithanjali.edublogs.org/

Reply